Friday, January 1, 2016

Will You See Them Again?

Tonight, I am shaking off the dust of 2015. My husband gifted me a laptop last year for my birthday and asked me to start writing again. As we ring in the new year, I've wondered all day what to say, as I have stared at blank pages for months wondering when my inspiration would revive. Today, as I sought God in prayer and asked what I should say, he just simply said to ask you, "Will you see them again?"

I wrote one entry last year. It was a blog about my dad; who was one of many people I said good-bye to last year.

I remember calling 2014 a year of disappointment, but I had no idea what 2015 had in store. I lost my mother-in-law Sept. 26, 2014. My Father lost his battle to cancer on Feb. 14, 2015. My 100-year-old grandmother passed away on March 6th. I had a co-worker, who I just adored his spirit, pass away in April. My uncle, who I couldn't wait to see each family reunion, and my sweet aunt passed away this year. I lost my first cousin in Oct.; he was more like a brother to me and my sisters in our younger years. And in Nov. and Dec. I had two classmates pass away, but one of these guys I prayed for on a regular basis. I didn't speak to him often, but God laid him on my heart on a regular basis to intercede for him.

Death is a hard concept to comprehend. I haven't actually grieved much this year, as I think I have just shut down my emotions and pushed through the oppression that feels like a heavy winter coat. I have moments when I think that the prayers of the saints is the reason I haven't felt the clenches of grief lay hold of my heart. I do know that in those moments that the tears begin to fall that I am reminded of the promise that is life everlasting, Heaven, the perfect work of the spotless Lamb on the cross that overcame death, hell, and the grave. The resurrection! Praise be to God! I will see them again....

I will see them again. And for this very reason I ask this very simple question to you on the first day of the year, "When you pass from this life, will you see your loved ones again?" If your answer is no, or you don't know, please call upon the Lord Jesus, find a pastor you trust and "work out your salvation" as the Bible tells us. There are lots of scripture on salvation but I'll just start you with that one. You've got to know God for yourself...

Happy New Year!

P.S. 2015 brought many blessings to me, and for those I am thankful. My Middle Girl was crowned Homecoming Princess, got her driver's license, a new car (that she paid for half), traveled to Orlando, FL & Kansas City, MO for DECA, competed and won regional & state competition w/DECA, and started a new job. The Boy excelled in Cross County, ran track & field, and his cheer team is killing it. He has invested the time to learn to tumble, and he's grown almost 7 inches this year! My Eldest Girl has finished her Associates of Science degree at the local community college, and now heads to the University of Louisville on Monday to start her Bachelors of Science. Her goal is to finish with her PhD in Psychiatry or Psychology (undecided), and a minor in Sign Language. She wrapped up 4 years of work at Subway, bought herself a new car this summer with her 713 credit score (that excites me because I deal with people and poor credit every day at work), and she's working on writing her own blog about how she overcame some things in high school. I am anxious to read it whenever she has it complete.

God added many new friends to me last year through the Grayson County Women's Ministry classes, The Well (the Methodist churches new outreach service), and through a new ministry he has called me to. I resolve this year to seek his face, to search for the deeper things of God, as this world is falling apart, I am drawing closer to the redeemer. Find your purpose in him this year...you won't regret the peace, love, and joy that is found in this Jesus I adore.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for your gift of writing and continue to use it ......Ecclesiastes 3: 1-14 "to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven, a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for your gift of writing and continue to use it ......Ecclesiastes 3: 1-14 "to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven, a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, thank you for always encouraging me!

      Delete