Sunday, January 17, 2016

Train Up A Child

See that little, dark, curly haired head sticking out of the top of that baptismal? That sweetness is George, as I call her. Almost six-years-old. Today, I watched her be baptized into the body of Christ.

As I was headed to church to watch my niece be baptized, I heard the pastor on the radio say, "But Jesus said, 'Suffer little children, and forbid them not to come unto me; for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.'" Matthew 19:14

It's her story to tell, however, I delight in the joy of the day!

I spent the remainder of the day preparing to speak at church tonight. We are on day 15 of our 21 day fast, and each night we gather as a body and pray over all of the prayer requests, and then someone from the body will share their testimony, a word of encouragement, etc. Tonight was my night. I know I'm on radio in the mornings, but I get so nervous about speaking to the body of Christ. On radio I can act stupid, be wrong/be right/be left, etc. and that's probably the norm. But these are the people of God...It's serious business. 

My heart pounds out of my chest, and I waller (Kentucky term) the pew until I think I'm going to die, and then I hear my name called.

But as always, God sent me to a scripture, this time 2 Chronicles 29-31; through prayer and study, he worked it out for me, and I think I got it all out. I know I was talking a mile a minute. I tend to speak way to quickly and cannot stand to listen to myself. It's painful to my ears. I sound like a chipmunk. EEEkkkkk...

But at the end of this cold, snowy, January day, I'm thankful for my church, I'm thankful for my sister's church who has nourished the little children, and I'm thankful for my new sister in Christ, my niece. God honors our example to our children; I touched on it in my presentation tonight, and watched it lived out for my sister's family today. Selah!


No comments:

Post a Comment