Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Heal My Broken Heart and Bruised Legs

“That was great, momma,” said the sweetest little round face as she was hugged around her mommas neck.

The little, three-year-old, pig tailed girl was talking about the Disney on Ice show I got the chance to take her, her momma (my sister) and her older sister to. It was the oldest sisters 7th birthday.

We headed to Lexington to see the Princess edition of Disney on Ice and on our way we passed the famous castle in Versailles, KY. The girls were amazed when they laid eyes upon it. “I want to see the carriage,” said the 7-year-old.



I miss my girls being this little. Apparently after watching the Rapunzel part of the show, the 3-year-old thought my middle girl’s hair was to swing from.



We didn’t purchase gifts on-site; we went to the Disney store in the local mall where the same dolls were $12 instead of $30 at the show. The birthday girl got two dolls; her mom was donning her superhero cape after that purchase!

We had a quick dinner at TGI Fridays before heading home. I looked up to notice my “27.” I’ve decided to take a picture of how many times I see 27 on various things throughout the day…it really is amazing how many times God reminds me he is with me. If you don’t understand this paragraph, find the blog entitled, “Why He Gave Me a 27.”



Less than 48 hours later I found myself in the Nashville airport ready to head to California with the DECA troop for National competition with the eldest girl.

We flew American Airlines this time and we were all assigned seats. Ms. Smith, our advisor, and I were walking to the terminal when she asked me what seat number I had. I hadn’t looked yet so I pulled out the ticket and said, “Would you believe me if I told you 27?”



I knew God was going with me to Cali…

We got to experience a lot of California in fast forward. A few hours on a bus zipping past South Compton, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Blvd., and Beverly Hills, and we had a few hours at Disneyland and Universal Studios while we were there. It was a great week with lots of memories. The kids did really well and we had two on stage – that’s a big deal when you are competing with 16,000 kids!



Yes, I really took the above pic with my iPhone.

Rodeo Drive

The eldest girl and her partner received a Certificate of Excellence for scoring 70% or higher; this is hard to accomplish at this level.


Proud of this kid!

In other Thomas Family Business:

Apparently, the boy is working to have himself removed from our home. If anyone sees his legs they will turn us into CPS. He claims he has no idea why his legs look like this.


I refer you to the below pics I found on his iPod…




We found this birds nest in our grill:



Apparently, Pterodactyls are not extinct.

I finished the 90 Day Body Revolution with Jillian Micheals. I laid down in the gym floor and was convinced for about 10 minutes that I may never get up. I would recommend this to anybody who really wants to put forth the commitment. If you aren’t willing to work hard, walk away – even if it is only 30 minutes a day, it’s a Hard 30 minutes once you get into week 3. The first two weeks are just hard with a lower case h. Yes I am happy with the results and I have restarted the program. This time I hope to get through all of the workouts with Jillian instead of just watching her and screaming at the laptop screen.



We hosted a Derby party at our house this year. The amount of food was a sin I’m sure in some part of this world, and the company was great!



No pics were allowed from the waist down since I had on my pj's and house shoes...true story! I'm A.D.D., remember. I don't finish many things...even outfits.

I wore this hat on the show Friday, I found this pic of the boy on my iPhone today. I feel like one of those articles in a magazine, "Who Wore it Better?"




Just when I thought my marriage was getting stale, the husband fashioned this as his Derby hat...



Actually, he found this in a board game we broke out to play. Never-the-less, the spark is back!!!

I picked a great horse – a for sure winner. I loved its name. I knew when I heard it that I was going to score BIG with this stud! Black Onyx! My favorite color is black – of course this was my horse, my heart was drawn to it. Not 30 minutes after we recorded a promo of me declaring Black Onyx as the bestest horse to ever run the Derby, he scratched! That promo recorded on Friday ran on the radio all weekend long. What’s that Bible verse that talks about your heart deceiving you??

It’s ok, Mamaw made chicken and dumplings Sunday after church. Chicken and dumplings heal broken hearts and bruised legs. Me and the boy are going to be just fine…

No comments:

Post a Comment