Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stupid Monkey Bread

My cup runneth over Easter morning as I rose early to watch the sunrise and make my babies semi-homemade cinnamon rolls.

The bunny had come and set out the treats, the sun was rising and I grabbed an Auntie Ann’s cinnamon roll kit I had purchased through a fund raising event and saved for a special occasion.

I opened the kit and realized it involved more steps then I was going to be happy with, but the box was opened so now I was committed.

I mixed the yeast with 80 degree water for two minutes to let it dissolve.

It didn't.

I went ahead and mixed the dough with the lumpy yeast water and kneaded it for 5 – 7 minutes like it said.

I covered it with a towel and set aside for 30 minutes. About 25 minutes in I re-read the instructions to realize it was suppose to be placed in a warm place for 30 minutes. I attempted to back pedal a bit by preheating the oven for a minute, shutting it off and sticking the bowel in the over.

To my utter shock, it didn't work.

The dough was heavy.

I made monkey bread with it instead of rolls. At this point my ADD has kicked-in and I am looking at cereal options.

I bake and plate the monkey bread for the 4 teens who are now ascending the stairs to find their Easter treats.

Can you imagine they didn't eat much of the breakfast I worked so hard on? I’m still shocked…

Stupid Monkey Bread…who names bread “monkey” anyways.

I noticed Eli’s iPod sitting propped up next to the baseboard and hooked to his charger, pointing at the area rug the bunny is usually notorious for leaving treats on.

He grabs it and lets out a rebel yell shouting, “I got it, I taped the Easter Bunny!”

Unfortunately, his device stopped recording 2 hours and 47 minutes into the night…

Poor fella.

I narrated the play that morning at church. The play turned out amazing, the set design, new costumes and actors all pulled together under excellent guidance and painted an awesome picture of the Lord Jesus Christ rising from the tomb that glorious morning.

In other Easter Day business:

I went to sit down after the play and I noticed my husband had a loft of bread in his lap. I asked where he gotten it. Our church gives bread to new visitors – the bread of life – get it? So anyways, I've never gotten any but always wanted to try it. He said, “Your sister came in late and I leaned up to wave her over and this guy came running at me and gave me bread. It was awesome!”

I got to see both my sister Annie’s grand-babies together for the first time. Due to sickness they had not been able to meet. My niece thought it was the neatest thing to see two babies in a crib.

My momma made chicken & dumplings…Well, Happy Easter to us!

My honey bunny left me three LARGE bags of Lindor truffles. I think I love him for this, I think I hate him for this. My chocolate obsessed, dieting, Jillian Michaels following self is torn. I promise to make a final decision after all three bags of chocolate are consumed. This is the only proper way to make a decision about our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment