Thursday, March 28, 2013

N-u-m-b-e-r 1…N-u-m-b-e-r 1…

From the deep thoughts of Sweet Brown I say this, “Somebody get a cold pop, these girls are on fire!”

I watched the middle school form a volleyball team last year – more less a feeder program for the high school team – my girl was in 7th grade and didn’t make the cut. She continued to practice with the team after accepting a position as a manager.

She was the only 7th grader not make the team and she was so disappointed.

As the practice season was coming to an end the coaches presented her with a jersey…she said, “I thought mine would look like yours.”

The coach so proudly said, “We want to put you on the team.”

“I think I just want to be a manager.”

Just like a girl.

She ended up playing throughout the season and they did OK – nothing to write home about but they were a first year program.

This year the girls, out-of-the-blue, hit a point of blaze.

Smack, Ka-Pow, Whoot Whoot!

This middle girl has grown so tall and has morphed into a confident player that will smack down, given the opportunity. She went from not making the team to playing all-around...never being taken out of the game.

These girls have played so well together and their future high school volleyball career is really beginning to excite me.

They traveled Tuesday night to play in the championship game against the Rebels…they fell the first game.

They came back to win the next two, and just two years into formation, these girls brought home the GRVC Championship Title!

In other Thomas Family business:

Our new puppy Lil’ Lassie found a new home yesterday to two little girls who couldn’t wait to pick her up. We found that she was being crated most of the day and we felt it was very unfair to her. Her new home has a big yard she can run and frolic in. I did however, miss letting her in this morning and feeding her.

My heart will go on… :(

The eldest girl is helping out with Jr. Spikers Club this week after school and is beginning to prepare for DECA National competition later in April.

The boys have been playing basketball, leaving socks and shoes at the front door, wet, and eating everything they get their hands on.

I began Week 9 of Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution… *$#^@#$%$:&”@...I feel better after getting that out.

However, I do see a difference in my body. But, I’m not sure me walking around like a 90 year old is the goal here.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome- I bet those girls will be on fire in High School :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, they could earn scholarships if they keep this pace!!

      Delete