Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Was Made Great!


Not sure which is weirder, the choice in place to nap, the pink Breast Cancer Awareness head-band (you can’t see in pic) he is wearing while he is NOT playing sports, the fact he setup a makeshift TV in a house full of TV’s, the pink dragon near his head or the fact the boy decided to keep him company in the hallway while he slept.

I cannot even begin to pull this apart because I want to brag about being great.

Moving on…

Saturday at 9:17 p.m. it happened. I was made great!

This sweet, gorgeous, chunk of a oooeey, goooey, soft, baby-smellin’ bundle of heaven came into this world.

I present to you my first great niece…Ms. Peyton.

She looks just like her daddy.

I remember being in 5th grade and my daddy waking me up to tell me that my sister had given birth to my first nephew, Daniel.

Oh he was so pretty with his dark hair and dark skin, and I was so cool because I was an aunt at the age of 10! That was a good day in 5th grade; I was full of bragging rights to all those kids who were just still siblings and nothing more. I was an AUNT! I had grown up to be an adult overnight.

This sweet nephew grew up to gift me with my first great niece.

I pray over this sweet baby girl this prayer and I write it down so that every time it’s read in this blog, it’s prayed over her again:

Dear gracious Heavenly Father, you are the creator of life, you are the giver of life’s breath and you knew Peyton while she was in her mother’s womb. Your word says she is a heritage unto you and the book of Jeremiah says you know the plans you have for her; plans to prosper her and give her an expected end. Encamp angles around her, and plant inside her a desire for your word, to hide in her heart. Endow her with wisdom and knowledge and protect her all the days of her life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment