Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Need A Peace Pipe

Things are a flutter at the radio station today…I turned 7!

It was 7 years ago I walked into the front doors of this place, one week before I turned 30. So technically I was still in my 20’s when I began my news career.

I’m sure that day I was much like the beginning of the Mary Tyler Moore show.

I was given three gifts on Monday…none of them for my career birthday BUT none-the-less interesting.

My boss and manager brought me back a new piece of equipment for the news department. I present to you the Weather Rock. They were gone over the weekend to the mountains and presented a game on facebook. I won.

It’s the Indian way of reporting the weather. I think this requires a peace pipe to fully grasp the reading of this rock; therefore, I sit Indian style in my office and wait for the pipe before I implement this into the news department.

A box of taffy…

Yummmm….

And I got this from an older man who wants me to write a story concerning an insurance issue he is having. I listened to his complaint and then he pulled this handmade treasure from a garbage bag and presented to me:

I’ve never had an adult color a poster for me before. Brittany, my co-worker, is fighting me for it.

Today, we got free pizza for lunch, and two new co-workers. It’s a good day to start the radio ranch…

As my office fills with novelties of my past seven years here, (and yes the walls are all padded – they claim for sound reasons), I wonder what my next installation to this office will be, but mainly, what will be the experience that resulted in the addition.

Radio Ranch…good times.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the title of your blog.
    I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and invite. Love your title, too! Jesus is King!

      Delete