Saturday, January 26, 2013

Why He Gave Me a "27"

As the message continued I heard Pastor Bob Rodgers say, “Know your Prayer number.”

I saw my pastor look at his wife in a way to say, that’s it!

I wondered, what’s a prayer number?

Pastor Rodgers went on to talk about waking up in the middle of the night and noticing it was always at the same time. He said that was God saying it’s time to pray.

I read a blog by a woman of faith who had a toddler drown and she realized after months of speaking about the child’s death and ministering to people that there was always a number associated with her thoughts of the child. She explained in depth, but at the end this number was God telling her that her baby’s life was completed and the number is God’s way of reminding her he (God) is with her.

I went home that night and it started. Every time I would look at a clock the minute would be on 27. Every time a number was involved with my day there would be a 27 involved. After months and months of this, I realized, this is my number. This is God saying I recognize you and I am with you.

I haven’t found any versus that support this idea but I believe God speaks to me with this number…and I am reminded to “pray without ceasing” when I see my “27.”

My husband awoke Monday morning and said, “That’s two mornings in a row that I have woken up at 6:27 a.m. I mumbled, “That’s my prayer number.” Later in the day he had me elaborate.

For our Anniversary he was more than generous, he sent me gorgeous flowers to work. As our county was dealing with ice covered roadways and dangerous conditions, the son of the flower shops owner, Heath, risked his life to deliver my flowers to me while I was on-air. It was stupidly-fantastic of Heath! Thank you, Heath!

A little later in the day a local jeweler was standing in the doorway of my office with a red bag in his hand. Inside this treasure trove was a pair of hoop earrings, a gorgeous new diamond ring and a “27.” He rarely buys me jewelry so today was a shock.


(Actually, he loved his idea of the “27” so much he gave it to me a few days earlier and I thought this was my gift. I was thrilled that he had loved my “27” so much that he thought of this and actually found one.)

I was born on 2/27, married on 1/27, had my 2nd child on 1/27 and she was born at 1:27 p.m.

As my sisters and mother saw Flash Dance last week we all grab a ticket and ran in, late. As I looked at my ticket, (one of six in two different rows) my seat # was 27…



In other Thomas Family business:

The boy plays in a basketball tournament this morning.

The middle girl is celebrating 14 today with some friends. We are headed back to Skyzone to reattempt to jump. She is adamant this is what she wants to do. We will see how it goes. I do have the waivers this time, hopefully I have all the red tape taken care of.

My nephews spent the night with us last night. I hear Nolan (who is 6) say this:

“Aunt Misty, my brother hit me 4 times….hard. I kissed him”

“Is that why he hit you?” – Me

(Grinning, puckering and looking at himself in my full length mirror) “Yes, BUT it was SOOO precious!”

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, a prayer number. Such an intriguing concept. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for my prayer number. I got a little story for you. When my grandpa was dying of cancer, he kept telling us he had to go at 7. He said it so many times that at 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, the nurses would come check on him. They were convinced he knew what he was talking about.He would ask endlessly if it was 7 yet. He didn't die at 7:00 but he did die on the 7th of December. He left behind 7 children and 7 great grandchildren. One year and a few days later, my grandma died on the 5th. We buried her on the 7th. It was so strange but 7 definitely had a significant meaning in the end of his life. Just thought you might find that interesting.

    Hope you all get to enjoy some jumping. Don't lose those waivers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome story, Angie! Did you know that the #7 in the Bible is the number of completion? I guess your grandpa's day's were complete and he knew that. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Hello, my name is Jimmie and I am new to the world of blogging. I write mostly about God, spiritual principle, and living life to His purpose. I would love it if you stopped by and checked out my blogs and followed my endeavor. Thank you and God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete