Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Knitting In A Public Bathroom

It’s been a wild ride this month; so much so that I didn’t need to actually ride any of the rides setup at the county fair this past week.

No month is complete without my weird sickness – this month I was blessed to experience food poisoning – or giving birth to NO baby, as I call it. Luckily, I was not home, comfortable in my bed to experience this wonderful event. Nope, I was getting ready to board an airplane. About 10 minutes before boarding, I started yacking! Good times.

All I wanted was the last row on the plane, near the restroom or potty closet – whichever. But nooo, those seats were already taken. I always hated those older, pushy kids that hogged the back seat on the bus, now they are all grown up hogging back seats on planes. It’s ok, I don’t hate you…anymore.

I got to sit between my husband and a very chatty strange man. I just wanted to punch him in the throat and tell him to stop talking SO MUCH – I obviously was DYING!

I almost apologized when we were leaving the plane and the stranger bid me farewell and get well wishes. I almost said, “I’m sorry I wanted to take your life, earlier,” but I thought that might be awkward first words to say out loud to him.

OHHH, the pain of food poisoning. I almost pulled it off. I had a grand scheme of jumping up and RUNNING to the front of the plane once we landed. I needed off that plane and to the nearest restroom. I was fantasizing about vomiting. I could not wait…

I really could not wait until the plane landed.

The worst thing about being sick in public is the time you have to spend knitting a pair of gloves and a toilet seat cover out of napkins before you can actually “be sick.”

Once this was in place, I was bracing myself against the walls, which were only two feet apart.

Poor person who was in line to use the restroom after me, I owe them an apology. We’ll just leave it at that.

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have a four day vacation in Florida, alone – just the two of us. I spent the last morning eating some precut/prepackaged fruit for breakfast, and I reheated some pork tenderloin from a couple nights before. Not sure which was the toxic element.

Jason keeps telling me that “living healthy” is going to kill me. He may be right.

We have only been on two trips all by ourselves in that last 16 years…it was awesome to get away.

I read the best book…”Heaven is for Real.” Buy it, Read it!

I spent the day after we got home, in the bed sick. Middle Girl was in the county teen pageant. She made Top 10!



So much more of August to talk about, but that’s another blog. Go buy the book and read it…carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Listen to the hubby, healthy food will kill ya LOL.

    Hubby and I are planning our first "real" vacay without the kids for Feb. We have spent a weekend away here and there but never a real vacation. We are going on a cruise and I cannot wait. Glad you all had a good time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a cruise! That will be great, we have never been on one but we have talked about it! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete