Monday, September 17, 2012

Arresting My Neighbor

I get one cheat meal every week on this boot camp meal plan. Hold that thought.

I started this boot camp last Saturday with a couple of friends. I need to be a little more serious about toning, so I thought I would give this six week adventure a try. The first Saturday I’m pretty sure I heard the Sesame Street song playing during the workout, with a light shining on me…”One of these people are doing their own thing, the rest of these people are doing the same thing.”

At the end of class we were given a meal plan that includes a whole bunch of nothing good to choose from. Nothing ooey or gooey, nothing creamy or saucy…how can a person survive? And then there’s the 100 oz of water per day. I shall not stop my affair with my diet coke. So, I’m alternating. My doctor has me alternate advil and Tylenol…this has to be the same idea – diet coke, water, diet coke, water.

I typically eat pretty clean anyways but I’m not too strict. She did give us ONE cheat meal each week. I had mine Saturday afternoon; I worked ahead since I am an overachiever and had week three’s cheat meal Sunday and week four’s cheat meal today. At this pace, I’m going to finish this boot camp way ahead of everyone else. WINNING!

In other Thomas’ family business:

Saturday morning I headed to the radio station to work for the Eldest Daughter who had an ALL day volleyball tournament. As I pulled out of the driveway at 5:30 a.m. it was still dark and I see a car, headlights on, stopped in the road almost in front of my house…there is a body looming around the car.

Quickly my Charlie’s Angles instincts kick-in and I realize that the neighborhood bandit is here. Right here in front of me. (Refer to last week blog about neighbor’s car being broken into)

I stop and formulate a plot because I realize I have the chance to be a hero…a real one. So, I decide to investigate further by pretending to put mail into my mailbox. I find an envelope addressed to me and opened – it’s perfect! I pull out of my driveway and up to my mailbox with my eyes fixated on the bandit. My headlights are about to illuminate the being in the road when I hear my mailbox bite the side of my car. CRAP! I just totally foiled my plot. Now the bandit will NEVER take me serious when I jump out and scream “Citizens Arrest!!!”

I back up and pull back up to the mailbox; I must carry out my plan. I can’t just drive away now. I reach and put the fake mail into the box and I hear a voice say, “Do you have a tire pump?”

I jump like Freddy Kruger just reached into my car.

I look up to see my neighbor at my window. She had a flat tire. The good news is I didn’t have to arrest my neighbor. The bad news is my car has another scratch.

Quote of the day: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's. Nor shalt thy arrest they neighbor...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to change the tire at like 4:55 on a Saturday morning:)))))

    ReplyDelete