I haven't blogged in several days but wanted to add something quick today and I came upon this. This is my resolution. This is what I teach my children to resolve in life. This is what I pray their spouses will resemble when I pray for their spouses, and I do already pray for their future spouses. Read, absorb, pray it, indulge in it and watch your life be blessed:
(This was written from a man's point of view so adjust wording for yourself)
- I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
- I will love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
- I will be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
- I will bless my children and teach them to love God with all their hearts, all their minds, and all their strength.
- I will train them to honor authority and live responsibly.
- I will confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
- I will pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.
- I will work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
- I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.
- I will seek to honor God, be faithful to his church, obey his word, and do his will.
- I will courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for his glory.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
~ Joshua 24:15