Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Waiting For The Punch Line

Ring…Ring… (my phone)

“Hello.”

“Hey momma, I need more hangers, I have worked on the laundry and it’s all done except for the stuff I need to hang up.” – Middle Girl

“Yay! I cannot wait to see a clean laundry room – THANK YOU!”

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? This is what I came home to:


“Hey Boy – can you pick that towel up by the front door and put in my bathroom?”

“Sure.”

He walked all the way from the front door, up the stairs, down the hallway, into my room, got to the bathroom door and his mission fell apart. It would have taken less than 10 steps to get this towel in the cabinet.


Two possibilities as I see it:

His mother is not feeding him adequate food and he got weak. I must up his protein intake, don’t want him petering out like this in the middle of a big baseball game or say crossing a road.

OR

He did what MY mother would call “half-a$$ing” it. Forgive me for the profanity – but it is a quote directly from my childhood. Apparently I was great at the above offense.

While putting yet another load of groceries away today (Third day in a row – these kids have to be selling it to the neighborhood kids), I noticed this beauty.

This my dear friend is the corner, outset cabinet in my kitchen. The maple cabinets my daddy handmade me eight years ago. What you are looking at is one of two options:

A mouse has a peeping problem and has drilled a hole in the side of my cabinet.

OR

My husband drilled completely through the side while fixing a broken shelf.

Obviously my family is attempting my To Do List. I feel like one of those pictures where you see the beautiful cake and then you see someone’s poor attempt at the same cake and the picture says, “Nailed It!”

I have a vision of them all standing together smiling, list in hand, screaming at me, “NAILED IT!”

Quote of the Day: I want you to know that whatever problems you’re having, I’m here to read about it on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment