Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chicka's Angels

There I sat in a hotel room with four other moms and a cell phone lying on the coffee table in front of us. It was on speaker phone with a lady we called “Chicka” on the other end.

We were not gathering our next mission from “Chicka” – even though this did feel much like a scene from ‘Charlie’s Angels.’

“Chicka” was talking Biblical knowledge she had studied for the past five years.

It was encouraging, to find a group of women on a school trip (DECA went to Utah for National competition) that would desire to study God’s word and it’s always fascinating to me to find someone who has an entirely new take on the word.

We listened intently as “Chicka” explained how the word of God was to be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15) and how Paul was made the minister of the gentiles (us) and we are to study the epistles of Paul and apply those teachings to our daily lives.

I am now re-reading the books of Acts – Philemon – the books written by Paul – and making my own assessment, but it was very interesting to hear another’s point of view.

I have spent the past four years studying many different denominations and why they believe what they believe. I have learned many things over my travels to different churches and late night studies, and I feel as though I have only scratched the surface.

I do, however, know that my Jesus and I are tight. And at the end of every day I know that he will never leave me nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5-6).

I am thankful for all of God’s revelations in my life and I am so thankful to look back, see my recreation and see the many, many friends he has added to me over the past four years.

I am BLESSED. I am BLESSED. Every day that I live, I am BLESSED. *singing

No comments:

Post a Comment