Friday, April 6, 2012

Lost In The Country With Tan Lines

The best part of a workout is the amount of water I feed my body. I haven’t been to the gym to workout except once in the past two weeks, it was good to make it back last night. Such a slacker this girl has been. I have been at the gym every day to use the tanning bed. I swear the tanning bed off every year and then about March I get tired of using baby powder and water for makeup and I decide to go. I need to purge this from my routine BUT my husband hates the smell of self tanners and he LOVES tan-lines. So, I get in the tanning bed fully dressed.

I’m kidding. I take my socks off.

Speaking of the husband, he took me out this evening for shopping, dinner and a drive in the country. That’s what his facebook post bragged. Let me break this down properly.

We took the boy to a birthday party. His friend lives in Tim-buck-too, next to Egypt. We drove the car until it ran out of gas, then we rode a horse until it lay down and died and then we walked in the wilderness for 40 years. That’s not entirely true, the horse didn’t die. We did get lost.

About an hour in, we found a mountain top and we were able to get cell phone signal. We left him for the night, I may be the mom of two from here on out, not sure I can find my way back tomorrow to pick him up.

So after we left our lad, we headed out of town to find One Direction t-shirts for Easter baskets. There were none to be found. My girls would have loved these since they both claim they are going to marry one of the boys in this band. Eldest girl described her wedding for me today. It involved a dove putting her ring on her finger, a cliff and Stevie Wonder singing as she heads down the aisle. “The sun will be at its scenest when we say I do,” she proclaimed, “And that’s a real word, Mrs. Hackly taught it to us last year and I use it frequently.”

I encouraged both girls to sit in their rooms and save themselves for these boy-band members. I assured them the boys would show up on our doorsteps one day. I’m such an encouraging mother. Applaud me.

Back to the date.

We looked at several stores and found nothing; we had dinner at Rafferty’s. We ate so much we almost decided to have a nap in the car before pulling out of the parking lot. True story. We went on to Sams and grabbed some groceries and we were home by 7:00 p.m. He thanked me for the date after we got everything unloaded. I just glared at him. He said, “What? I took you for a drive in the country.” He cracks me up.

Well, I’m going to go and start loading down the car with extra water and food, maybe a sleeping bag for my trip to get the boy tomorrow. I’m going to have to start screening friends based on location of their home.

In other Good Friday business:

I bought two huge ferns Monday and I was able to split them into six smaller ferns. I used a handsaw to cut them apart. I wonder what my horticulturist friend would think of this. The kids and I did plant some seeds earlier this week in our attempt at growing some summer vegetables. The boy put together my small porch-size green house all by himself. (Feeling better about my parenting skills) We have sprouts! Realized today that we planted about eight different things and I have no idea which are what; we didn’t label them.

The kids and I got ready to go and be a part of the Cross Walk that is a tradition in our community every year. The sign said Noon; we got there at 11:50 a.m. It was over. I really wanted them to be involved this year; to experience a very small sample of what Christ may have experienced carrying the cross over 2000 years ago for us.

I am humbled at the thought of the day. By his stripes, I am healed. Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. I swear I absolutely adore your blog. Your writing is always so entertaining. BTW, great advice on "boys showing up at the doorstep" LOL!

    Happy Easter to you & yours. Hopefully you found your way back to your kiddo and he is joining you all today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angie. I enjoy writing. Glad I get to do it for a living and glad I have taken the time to document my families adventures. ;)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete