Friday, April 20, 2012

Living Life More Abundantly

“Why don’t you ever listen to me or respond when I am talking to you, especially when it’s serious,” – me.

“Shhhh…” – husband

It still makes me laugh, Quick witted this husband of mine.

We have had a long but wonderful week.

Work has been crazy busy; my boss and manager ran off to Vegas this week to get hitched at a tacky little place called the Bellagio. I mean, pfffttt…the Bellagio. What do they have that we didn’t have here in Podunk. Stupid blown glass ceiling and fountains. Oh and there’s that memory of you proposing in front of the fountains. Mind boggling…

I get to watch the wedding via online tomorrow evening. I’m very excited. I have never attended an online wedding. How will we know if any of the guests object? Should they just tweet it? I guess that’s the new technology way.?.

In all seriousness, these two are crazy in love and are having their dream wedding in a gorgeous place. I’m glad it’s all going seamlessly perfect for them. Can’t wait to see it tomorrow night.

The husband has co-hosted my morning show with me for the past three days. We’ve had a great time but we’ll never prove it since the Ustream blacked out and the audio stream did not record. There’s no record…oh well, if that’s all that breaks while those two are gone, I’LL TAKE IT!

Our family grew by one this week. We have had our son’s friend almost every weekend since January 2011. He was displaced from his parents. This Wednesday we were granted custody of him. I guess I will call him boy #2. Or, since he is red headed, I could call him the “Red Headed Step-Child.” Hmmm…it has potential.

He’s a great kid! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to be his interim parents/family.

We got to refinance our home today. Steve, the loan officer, spoke sweet nothings to me and the husband. He romanced us with a low interest rate, no home appraisal needed and very little documentation.

He was able to do this since we have had our home loan with his company for the past 5 ½ years. We ended up lowering our interest rate to 3.3% (down from 6%) and changed our term from 30 years to 15 years. We also shaved $150 off our monthly payment. We love you Steve…We really, really love you!

The husband bought us matching iPhones today. We had two phone lines up for new contracts. My Blackberry Torch is crap. The ear piece went out several weeks ago and I have had to use the speakerphone feature only. This week the touch screen went black.

I bought three pairs of jeans, one tank top, a sunglass case, a fleece military style jacket and a peacoat at Gap today for $42. Booo-Yaaaa!

Promises fulfilled:

John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Thank you, Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment