Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good News In All The Land

The following scene is not exaggerated at all:

(Loud, quick footsteps down the stairs) “There is good news to be found!” – proclaimed the eldest girl who never speaks. “Good news for all U.S. Directioners! A second leg of the tour may be announced tomorrow! We have started a prayer circle!”

She is standing with knees knocked, cell phone in one hand and the other pointing a finger across the air in mine and the boy’s direction as she speaks; braces shining and glasses sliding down her face from the race down the steps.

This child loves the boy band “One Direction.” Have you gathered from my previous blogs?

The boy says, “Well look at you speaking out loud!”

The next day I get this series of text while I am in a meeting:

ONE DIRECTION IS COMING TO NASHVILLE

When?

JUNE 19

Ok

DON’T PLAN A VACATION

LOL Ok

CRYING, OH MY GOSH! THE PRAYER CIRCLE WORKED

YOLO MOM YOLO

EXCUSE ME WHILE I FAN GIRL. WHY ARENT YOU TEXTING ME BACK, MOM? COME ON NOW, THIS IS A GOOD DAY

What’s yolo mean?

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, THAT’S THE MOTTO!!!

LOL. I’m in a meeting, love you

SORRY! LUV U 2. BECOMING A GANGSTA, BYEEEEE!

So Friday night two extra girls, with laptops in tow, came over with plans to be the first to purchase “One Direction” concert tickets when they went on sale Saturday. I left for the morning to cover a few events going on in the community, but when I returned, the mission had been a success! They have 8th row tickets and are super excited to meet their future husbands.

I’m pretty stoked myself. I had prayed for billionaires for my girls to marry, looks like the good Lord will provide. (Actually I prayed for good Godly men, I hope they come in the form of billionaires)

In other weekend business:

I spent a great Friday night with some great girls at a 2 hour Zumbathon and then a one hour Mexican-All-You-Can-Eat-Athon!

Got signed up for the Warrior Dash that is coming to a town near me on June 23rd! Super Stoked! If you do not know what this is, you should google and see the entire layout. It’s a 3.5 run that includes crazy obstacles you have to overcome; like a military type course. Lots of mud is involved and they encourage costumes. Considering an old prom dress but wondering if it will slow down my “dash.” You log on to get your Viking name, which is assigned after a series of questions. Can you guess mine?

“Quickmouth”

I swear, it did not ask me about my job, nor did it talk to the husband.

The money goes to St. Jude’s Children Foundation.

You get a Viking hat (with horns) with your registration AND a turkey leg at the end. They also give you a huge mug of beer with your turkey but I don’t drink so I’ll be using my beer to wash the mud off myself OR I can barter with someone for their turkey leg. Hmmm….

Let the training begin…

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha- Teenage girls! They are truly a species of their own aren't they? Glad your girlie and her friends got their tickets. Looks like your gonna be a millionaire's mother in law after all!

    That race sounds awesome. I cannot wait to see the pictures of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert is not until next June - 2013...they have already posted of fb "406 days left" LOL

    I cannot wait until the race, I hope there are lots of pics taken, I'm sure this will be picture worthy of all us girls! ;)

    ReplyDelete