Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dang Pilgrims!

So, I love the new Pilgrim Stove Top Stuffing commercials, they crack…me…up! You need to youtube if you haven’t seen. But this reminds of a story last summer.

I remembered to stop at the local farmers market one Saturday. I had planned to do so many times before but forgot until after they had already closed. I choose a head of lettuce, a small, very small, batch of new potatoes and three squash. It was $7.50.

I got back into my car, where my 11 and 12 year olds were waiting. I said under my breath: “Wow, they sure think a lot of their vegetables. That was expensive.”

I see out of the corner of my eye this little fist in the air, shaking, and the boy says, “Dang Pilgrims!”

I busted out laughing and said, “They’re not pilgrims.” He said, “What are they then?” I said:

They’re Amish!

“What’s the difference?”

So I reached deep into my wealth of knowledge and all I could pull out was this nugget:

They don’t have a Mayflower.

He said, “Oh.”

Come to find out, while I was buying vegetables, the middle girl was asking him where the pilgrims lived.

And I think the Amish are sheltered.

My 5-year-old nephew is here and I love this kid and he loves me!

Things he has said tonight that are funny:

• “I lost a race at school this week and my teacher said I was a sorta loser.”

Sore loser maybe?

• “Are we playing tag?” “No, I’m just running to the bathroom,” – middle girl.

• Nolan: (Screaming) AHHHHHH LALALALA NANNANANA!
Middle Girl: MOMMA!
Nolan: Sorry.
Middle Girl: Stop!
Nolan: (Yells at me) SHE DOESN'T NEED YOU!

• “Ok, here it is…” He says this before everything he says to me. Love this boy!

• “Come on! Are you gonna recharge? (talking to his iPad) Will you stop showing a battery!” Lets charge this up right nowowowow – singing to the iPad. He gets this from his Aunt Misty; singing about everything.

(Rolling around in my floor) "I'm waiting for something to charge and I need to be patient."

He told me one night, “I can’t live with you (out of the blue) ‘cause you don’t have any pictures of me on the walls.”

No comments:

Post a Comment