So, I love the new Pilgrim Stove Top Stuffing commercials, they crack…me…up! You need to youtube if you haven’t seen. But this reminds of a story last summer.
I remembered to stop at the local farmers market one Saturday. I had planned to do so many times before but forgot until after they had already closed. I choose a head of lettuce, a small, very small, batch of new potatoes and three squash. It was $7.50.
I got back into my car, where my 11 and 12 year olds were waiting. I said under my breath: “Wow, they sure think a lot of their vegetables. That was expensive.”
I see out of the corner of my eye this little fist in the air, shaking, and the boy says, “Dang Pilgrims!”
I busted out laughing and said, “They’re not pilgrims.” He said, “What are they then?” I said:
“What’s the difference?”
So I reached deep into my wealth of knowledge and all I could pull out was this nugget:
They don’t have a Mayflower.
He said, “Oh.”
Come to find out, while I was buying vegetables, the middle girl was asking him where the pilgrims lived.
And I think the Amish are sheltered.
My 5-year-old nephew is here and I love this kid and he loves me!
Things he has said tonight that are funny:
• “I lost a race at school this week and my teacher said I was a sorta loser.”
Sore loser maybe?
• “Are we playing tag?” “No, I’m just running to the bathroom,” – middle girl.
• Nolan: (Screaming) AHHHHHH LALALALA NANNANANA!
Middle Girl: MOMMA!
Middle Girl: Stop!
Nolan: (Yells at me) SHE DOESN'T NEED YOU!
• “Ok, here it is…” He says this before everything he says to me. Love this boy!
• “Come on! Are you gonna recharge? (talking to his iPad) Will you stop showing a battery!” Lets charge this up right nowowowow – singing to the iPad. He gets this from his Aunt Misty; singing about everything.
(Rolling around in my floor) "I'm waiting for something to charge and I need to be patient."
He told me one night, “I can’t live with you (out of the blue) ‘cause you don’t have any pictures of me on the walls.”