Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Today, I Went Too Far


It’s been 52 hours since I realized my body had been infected with a stomach virus/death bug. Not sure who I picked this up from but pretty sure I won’t be nice to you anymore. Death by ugly looks, I tell you!

Thank God I took a bath Sunday afternoon about 3:00 p.m.; thinking I was headed to see the Lady Cougars play ball. It was the last I would smell good for a few days. By 4:00 p.m. my head was closer to the toilet then it should ever be without a facemask. Thank God again for my husband, the janitorial engineer!

Yesterday I got to take an adventure to help a friend select her wedding dress. This would have been so much more fun if I had felt better BUT I’m glad I went. It’s weird how they say you will know the dress when you see it. It’s the first dress she picked out, the first one she tried on and they only one she teared up when she wore. It’s gorgeous. I had this vision of us drowning in taffeta and lace, choking on crystals and pearls and throwing tiaras like daggers at the consultants for not pulling the right dress. It was almost too easy.

I had never gotten to shop for a wedding dress before, since my beauty was made for me. It’s probably a good thing I didn’t feel better, I would have been in the dressing room next to her trying on more than she. I would have been the only Bridezilla not getting married…

I ended up going home, hitting my bed at 3:00 p.m. and getting up at 6:38 a.m. I needed many meds to get through the night but by morning I was up feeling somewhat better, until I fully woke up. I felt horrible, but in this world I cannot waste another day in bed.

Kids to school, work, lunch (should not have had), home, laundry, pickup kids, home, laundry, took middle girl to volleyball, DECA practice, home, dishes, laundry, cooked dinner with eldest girl, laundry, bath, bed, blog…

(I'm looking into disposable clothing)

Not sure who I thought I was this afternoon, but Superwoman was wrong.

The good news is my husband’s friends are here. I’m sure my invitation to watch a movie that he rejected had nothing to do with their surprise visit. The truth is I’m glad they are here. I get to fall asleep with my leg kicked out on his side of the bed. Good times I tell you!

Bible Verse for the babies to learn today:

John 11:35 - Jesus wept

Not sure if this is a sign of a lazy momma, a really sick momma or a momma who wants to weep.

Oh, I must tell you of the toothbrush experience. This makes me laugh…now. So, there I was, mouthwash scorching my mouth and I thought – wait, you need to throw your old, contaminated toothbrush out. So, I go to the closet where I hoard my “good deals” and start fishing for a new toothbrush (mouth still full of foaming hot mouthwash). I find the expensive Oral B that I got for nothing BUT needs scissors to open. Forgot to put scissors in my pajama pocket last night, CHEESE AND CRACKERS!!! Digging deeper I realize my only option for a new toothbrush this morning is a child size, battery operated spinbrush that comes with stickers. I’ll take it. I run back to the sink, spit out the devil mouthwash that has disintegrated half my tongue. It took me 10 minutes to brush each tooth with my new toothbrush. I did put my name on it. Don’t want Jason thinking I got this big machine out for him! The fire breathing dragon sticker was selected to remind me why I made this ridiculous choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment