Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Killing Me Softly

Man, I think I am feeling better and all of the sudden it sneaks upon me. Stealthy little bug, isn’t it?

The Eldest Girl went with a small group of friends to a concert in Nashville tonight for a friend’s birthday. Some Nickelodeon group – Big Time Rush? The friend’s dad took them. The best was the look on her face when she realized she had to fund her own outing tonight. This is her kryptonite. She is the most helpful, quietest, smartest child but you ask her to pay you back – YIKES. She bites! Poor bill collectors…they will all be missing fingers when she gets into the world.

So back to my sickness…as if I wasn’t having a great week anyways, I decided to take water to bed with me tonight instead of soda. I am really doing well on changes that matter this year. I drink half the glass before I get up the stairs - and its tasting sooo good – and I realize, oh frick and frack, we are under a boil water advisory. I may have just drank death.

One would think the girl who spent the afternoon announcing the boil water advisory on the radio, would remember SHE is under the boil water advisory.

If I don’t make it through the night, just simply put on my headstone…”Should’ve Boiled the Water.”

No comments:

Post a Comment