Saturday, March 17, 2012

Gun Powder and Lead


I was late. The husband told me 8:30 a.m. and the class started at 8:00 a.m. The scary part? I was late for a class full of people being certified to carry a gun. Part of the class was scoring an 11 out of 20 on the target shooting. They all brought guns to class, people!

Luckily, I was not shot at.

I have dreaded this class for over a year; ever since the husband bought me my very own pistol. It’s a cute, little gun with a laser light scope on it. Actually, it really was very interesting, and I now know all the reasons I can legally shot and kill you.

I had never shot a gun before – unless you count a BB gun. I scored a 20/20 on the target. Four shots hit the center target, six hit the 10, six hit the 9 and four hit the 8. Yay me! It was not near as difficult as I thought and the recoil was little. I just knew the gun would spring back and break my face. But with luck, there was no face breaking today.

I think we all should learn something new every day.

Today, I learned to shoot a gun and gained all the legal knowledge to carry it on my person.

Tomorrow, I am considering learning to knit. My gun needs a holster and Pinterest had a knitting link on it.

Everything in balance peeps.

I forgot to mention this in last night’s blog but this was kind of funny. The middle girl and I went to the Knights of Columbus for their Friday night fish fry. My friend Steven, who practices a different denomination of faith as I do, was serving the fish. Our daughters play volleyball together and I asked if he was going to the game and I explained that I could not go. I said, “I have CCDW class tomorrow.” He said, “What’s that, some kind of religious thing?” I laughed and said, “No, it’s Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons class, but I guess now that we are Doom’s Day Preppers, you could consider it a religious thing.” Funny.

In other 77th day business:

I got to spend the afternoon with a friend shopping. Got the Eldest Girl some business attire for her DECA trip and found her red skinny jeans, which I had to put back since they were $60 and were not $60 great. She informed me last night that for her 16th birthday she wants to take friends to a One Direction concert and spend the night in a hotel. She explained that she would be wearing red skinny jeans and a black and white striped shirt, just like the outfit her favorite band member wears all of the time. I said, “You think this guy is going to be impressed with you dressing like a guy; him?” She said, “It obviously shows my dedication to him.” Oh, well I see her logic now. I would have loved for her dad to show up at my door, while we were dating, dressed like me. Now that would have really impressed me. If only on Prom he would have shown up in the same dress as me. I always wanted to be that “matching couple.” We could have grown up to be a power couple; if only.

UK and U of L move on to the Sweet 16.

The middle girl served in her volleyball game for the first time today and scored five consecutive points! Proud momma…

Our community lost a great business man to cancer today. My heart is heavy for his family.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Misty on the CCDW, as far as the Doomsday Prep you can tell Jason works with Gary M. he has a way of converting ppl that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH, you're right, Andy! I blame G.M. Lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Misty, thanks for joining my site, Living Truth Ministries. I have joined your blog and really enjoyed reading your "Gun Powder and Lead" post. Hilarious, but be careful not to shoot your foot off or something. LOL You will see me on your GFC as Martha's Digital Creations, that is my business site. Scrapbooking, crafts and blog design. Look forward to reading more. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I enjoyed your daily insight of the word! I read each morning and would love to blog about my readings Can't wait to look around at your crafts and creations! God Bless!

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about getting my concealed weapons permit too! I'm just such a chicken. Frankly I've never shot a gun & they kinda scare me!!! Congrats on making yours :)

    Yay for serving at volleyball. I love watching my children excel in sports.

    Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Angie. It wa not near as scary as I thought it would be! You should go for it!

    ReplyDelete