Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!


SHE WON! She won! She won! She won!!!

The Eldest Girl took home 1st place at the Regional DECA Competition today at WKU!!! She’s headed to state.

I had my doubts – the first time she and her partner Alicia presented their catering business, “Gourmet Guru’s” to me. BUT, they pulled it out and wowed the judge!

I’m just so darn excited. That kid smiled all the way off the stage, home and in her sleep! I LOVE IT!

I am so proud of her!!! She gets to compete in the State Competition in March. And no more blaming her father for everything. Nope, I’m done with that, I am blaming me for her win today. I’ll take it, I blame him enough.

It’s been a very busy week so I haven’t gotten to blog daily like I would normally like to do during the week. I’m not sure anything was worth writing about now that I think back. Oh wait! I paid a man to see me naked this week and tell me I was too thin. I almost forgot.

My OB/GYN almost stood me up. My appointment was at 10:30 a.m. and at Noon he rolls into the exam room. I was so hungry by that point I almost left. I was giving him another 5 minutes and then I was going to bounce.

“New socks?” – He asked while “working.” Well, thanks for noticing. Small talk or was he genuinely interested? If I had just said, “no” would that have been awkward? He indulged me in more pillow talk with a delightful discussion about women who wear their pajamas to Wal-Mart. It’s a pet peeve of mine; come to find out, his too. Who knew I had so much in common with my OB/GYN.

All is well except he says I’m too thin - according to his charts. Those charts are the devil and the devil tells lies. Just sayin’! My jeans - now those babies will tell the truth about my weight. They don’t cut me any slack!

I finally got my Subway lunch and tore into like a feral dog. About 15 minutes in, I look up and guess who I see. The doctor. Why is it I feel awkward seeing him out in public? Here I have my clothes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment