Thursday, February 2, 2012

Opps, I Did It Again!

I did it again. I ended up in line, with a cart full of groceries and there are only four cashiers working at the Wal-Mart. Guess what, it’s the first of the month. Guess how many people were there fighting for one of these four cashiers? About a cazillion. I took a picture.

I was in a time trap; between one girl at volleyball practice and one at the dentist – both to be finished at 5:00 p.m. It’s 4:42 p.m. and I’m five people deep in line and the cashier has decided to lay down and die. I swear she didn’t move for at least five solid minutes. ROLL IN THE NEXT CASHIER!!!

I surrender.

I turn my cart around and go put the cold stuff back in the coolers and leave. I just decided to take my $ to the Family Dollar. No one waiting in line there.

I may start an “Occupy Wal-Mart” movement to ensure the store schedules an adequate number of cashiers during the first week of the month. I think on the back of my picket sign I will also protest my “no pajama’s allowed inside” rant. Most stores already demand shoes and shirts. I don’t think it’s too much to add “no pj’s” to the list.

I never really paid attention to this trend until my Middle Girl looked at me one day – at the age of 7 – and said, “Momma, I’m glad you’re not one of those careless moms that wear their pajamas to school to get me.” Hmmm…out of the mouths of babes. I’ve noticed ever since. Funny what they notice.

There will be an organizational meeting Saturday for "Occupy Wal-Mart." Please bring lots of glitter. Anyone with a Beadazzler will be shown favoritism at the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment