Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dishonor On Your Cow!

“Haauummmm…” Yep, that’s the sound of me throwing my back out lifting Tootsie Roll candy. The station received its mega shipment for Valentine’s Day and like a dorky kid I ran into the conference room squealing, and decided to grab a box…a very heavy box, and look through it. My job might as well be a war zone…the dangers I encounter. My back was not appreciative. Being brilliant, I decided to take said “back” to Zumba tonight. And for that, it did not thank me.

I am not/cannot be pregnant but I’m pretty for sure I’m having back labor. That’s great news. Dang you candy for romancing me!!!

Today’s lunch time texts from Eldest Girl:

“We should have cheeseburgers and fries 4 dinner yo!!!” – her

“Sounds good.” – me

“Are you down with that? You gonna make dis happen 4 me?” – her

“I’m gonna make something happen for u!! LOL” – me

“Make it happen or else.” – her

“U scare me so, Mafia Girl,” – me

“Dishonor on your family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!” – Disney’s Mulan loving girl.

I got to go and work with a bunch of DECA students today. We are adding sound to their State competition presentations. They are so excited, as am I.

I was also interviewed by two journalism students today. I am anxious to see what they write about me. I write about everybody else, I wonder what they will have to say. I’m sure I’m at least 10 feet tall in their interpretation of me. I will have perfect hair, speech, and skin. My words will be eloquent and I am sure to have a cape on underneath my clothes. YES! This is the person that I am sure they spoke with today. Anything less will just be a lie.

I also had the misfortune of writing a story of a dear man who was found dead today, supposedly of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. My heart is heavy for this situation. He was such an intriguing gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment