Sunday, January 8, 2012

Seven, Eight – Play It Straight

There is a monster that lives inside my sweet, precious baby boy; its name is appetite. When this darling is not fed it produces a volatile creature that doesn’t seem to be able to control its temper.

Mr. Hyde came to visit us Saturday after the Boy’s second basketball game had come to an end. This was the 2nd game of the day and a second loss for the team. However, this game was tied until the last few seconds.

The buzzer sounds, the jersey comes off and onto the ground and the shoulders slump as tears start to swell. I cannot get across the floor quick enough because I have seen Mr. Hyde come out before. We make it out of the gym with a very angry mommy. Pouty McPout Pants is not a child I deal with very well.

However, its 11:30 a.m. and I learn the Boy has not been fed. We learned this about him in 4th grade. There must be breakfast in his world or he will bite. He and dad were both in trouble. I got there at the last game because I had spent my morning with Eldest Girl and her new job as the Saturday morning News Caster for K105/AM 870. This drug us out of the bed at 5:35 a.m.

Luckily, we found a few crumbs and fed the little creature. Ahhh, he instantly begins to chill-out. Praise the Lord – I’ll put the adoption papers away now.

I cooked two kinds of potato soup and the Eldest Girl made Nutella cookies. She’s getting good at this cooking thing. I enjoy hanging out with her and I’m proud of the young lady she has turned in to. Still few words; ironic she has a new job where she is paid to talk. That makes me laugh. Maybe she has been conserving her voice all these years like some professional singers do.

Middle Girl was inside long enough to peel one potato. Dad and his friend repaired the mangled trampoline and that was the last we saw of Middle Girl. Dad was smart enough to pull the trampoline close to the window where he sits the most. I’m pretty sure I saw him throw a ham out the window. At least he fed her.

It’s been pretty uneventful at the Thomas household. Spent most of Sunday working on coupons between church services. Best deal of the day? L’Oreal eyeliners - $1.49. 75% at Rite Aid and I had $1.00 coupons. All I need now are 10 more eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment