Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brownbag Love

It’s been a semi-interesting day. Some good, some concerning. Not a lot to talk about tonight. We are coming upon our 16th Wedding Anniversary and somehow that always sparks a special emotion days before. The husband and I are enjoying our lunch breaks this week. I know you are picturing the scene from ‘Lady and the Tramp’ and as much as I would love to be a spaghetti slurping dog, I have to say it’s more like an episode of ‘Cheers’ when we walk into Subway every day. Except “Norm” doesn’t get to tab our food.

Normally, we just watch each other eat, well, he eats and I talk non-stop. This week however, we have put real effort into it and sparked up conversation. He’s such a trooper.

This may be my anniversary gift. I can just hear him saying, “I did too remember our Anniversary and got you something. I’ve talked to you all week.”

I’ll take it.

We don’t get to talk about it out loud since we share the day with our Middle Child, who will be 13 the same day. We learned on the 11th Anniversary to NOT leave home and celebrate that day. Epic Failure. These seem to be mounting up. Birthday Hex I tell you. Both my babies suffer from this.

It’s Wednesday and the new Food Giant and E.W. James ads are out. Have you made your list? Checked it twice? Ready to price-match? Make for sure you don’t buy groceries until they are on sale and you have a coupon. That’s not always easy but it’s possible for over 50% of your groceries. If you don’t have a coupon, at least price-match your groceries at the local “Mall” (WalleyWorld). You can print coupons on-line, also. They are not just in newspapers, anymore.

I mentioned yesterday that I racked up on .25 cent Christmas products. You can find these at the Dollar General Store this week. Tissue paper, gift boxes, spoils of ribbon, coffee mugs, etc. This is the perfect time to buy these items, save a ton of money next Christmas, and stash them in a tote beside your Christmas décor. Also, this week the Dollar General is printing a $5 off coupon on their receipts you can use Friday. And they accept coupons. You really have to get in on this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment